Thursday, December 6, 2007

Our Angel Baby

I had the greatest experience today and I hesitated to write about it on our blog because it was so personal, but I am using this as a scrapbook too so I hope you'll all indulge me. I was playing with Isaac in the living room this afternoon while Micahlyn was napping. He's been pulling himself up on furniture and he'll walk when you hold his hands but he's still pretty shaky on his own. Well he pulled himself up on the hutch and was turned around looking at me when he just let go and took 3 steps toward me. I gasped and scared him, making him fall. Great mom, I know. I started to cry and he looked so confused. That was the first time that it hit me, he had no idea what he has gone through. I was so happy and thankful that i got on my knees right there and Isaac and I had a good prayer of Thanksgiving. Sorry if this sounds odd to some of you who may not know that our little Isaac was born with club feet. I had a hard time talking about it when he was young, so I didn't. But I realized today that this was not really his trial, it was mine. I am so thankful for Priesthood blessings, personal revelation and an amazing husband and family that have helped us through these last 8 months. We saw so many Doctors and got so many opinions and they were all pretty much the same, except for the Dr. we went with. The only one who said that he could be healed without surgery. We received very specific answers to our prayers that this was the way to go and I have never been so happy that we followed the Spirit. We went from Doctors telling us that he would never walk without surgery to perfectly straight legs and feet and taking his first steps at only eight months old. I guess I knew that he would be OK but didn't expect anything like this so soon. I love this life and am so thankful for miracles.

Isaac went through casting every week and was such a champ.



First he had little baby casts, they were actually kind of cute.

But the Doctors quickly realized that he was too strong and would kick the little casts off so they switched to casting him from the hip down. They were so heavy- but that's why our little man has abs of steel. He would pick those things up like they were nothing.



He has always been such a happy baby despite it all.

and look at him now!
gettin' bossy like his sister
Our Angel

8 comments:

The Harpers said...

What an amazing little boy! Thank you so much for sharing this story, it really made my day.

Emily said...

Melissa--I hope you don't mind, but I stumbled on your blog after visiting Tiffany(Winn's). It's so great to see you doing well and your kids are ADORABLE! What a sweet little boy you have. I really enjoyed hearing his story and I'm so impressed with your faith and patience. You are a great Mom and...as beautiful as always! Take care, Emily (Waite) Matson

familia Bybaran said...

Thanks so much for posting this. It's beautiful. So amazing. I can't believe he's already walking. Seems like he is already way advanced when they thought he would be delayed. Crazy. I love all the new posts. You and your sisters and mom all look AMAZING!

Jeremy, Kazia & Bryton said...

Okay, I accidently emailed you my comment instead of posting it to your blog.

The Thomas Family said...

Oh, how special. You are such a strong woman, Melissa! What a blessing and precious experience!!

Likely said...

he is an angel. with an angel mother too.

way to go little issac. you show the world what you are made of.

Shauna Brown said...

Wow!! I had no idea! I'm so glad you shared this experience! Watch out, he'll be running before you know it!

Mariah Robins said...

I am just crying. Thanks. A lot. I am so happy for you and your family. Wow. Talk about a miracle. Honestly. I had such a great lunch with you the other day. I am inspired by your spirit.
Love ya
Mariah