Friday, December 7, 2007

The First Snow





Last week was the first time it snowed and actually stuck. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining. It was just odd to be into December with no snow. Anyway- we took the kids up to Rock Canyon for their first sledding experience. Last time I was at that park it was on group date hosted by Mr. Dave Norton where we had 4 twin sized mattresses that the "boys across the way" had bought at DI. We spent hours seeing how many people we could fit on each mattress as we flew down those hills. Crazy kids. That happens to me all of the time living here in Provo. I will drive past something and my mind will fill up with memories. I'm always half expecting to run into someone I know everywhere I go(like old times) but that never happens. Except last week when Jonathan and I ran into Dan and his wife at Tucanos- that my friends is a whole other blog entry. Anyway, back to my kids, sledding, yes. It was great. Micahlyn mostly just wanted to throw snowballs at daddy and Isaac had a hard time putting down his bottle(teething is soooo much fun) but good times where had by all.

7 comments:

MaryClaire Brown said...

looks like fun in the snow, and i'm so happy for you that isaac is doing so well...i loved that post. i totally hear you about memories of provo. and i can't believe you ran into dan...i would love to hear about that one. we really need to get together soon. email me. maryclairebrown@gmail.com

The Thomas Family said...

I bet you have the best memories here! Isn't it kind of strange at the same time??? :)

Likely said...

I hate the snow. It depresses me. Winters out east are so stinkin' long.

Shauna Brown said...

Mr. Dave Norton- that seems sooo long ago!

Rebecca Smylie said...

Ha-it made me laugh. Heavens knows if I moved back to Provo (I really want, my husband rolls his eyes and tells me it's because I peaked there, ouch) I would always expect people to be calling out my name. What is it about that city? I love, love, love it.

lacey said...

Melissa! So nice that you found my blog and now I yours! You have a darling family and I think their is a definate resemblance between you and your sweet little girl. I knew your parents got back from the Bergloff grapevine but had not heard that he was called to be stake president. We sure miss california! And hope the Air Force is good enough to get us back west eventually. Have you heard about the Bergloff Family reuion Aug 6-9 in Idaho? My mom said she was (or did) send a save the date card to your mom. Anyhow- so nice to see how you are and catch glimpses of your siblings and parents. I will link you for certain. All the best!

Diane said...

Melissa--What a sweet surprise. I have loved reconnecting and staying in touch with long lost relatives. Our own lives get so busy and our families continue to grow so it's nice to hear from you and to see how your family too has grown. We'd LOVE to have all your family come--boni and suzy too. I'll need a head count in the next few months to confirm sleeping and eating arrangements--lets stay in touch.