No distance of place or lapse of time can lessen the friendship of those who are thoroughly persuaded of each other's worth.
-Robert Southey

I had the most amazing experience this weekend to reconfirm my love of this quote. Mehrsa hosted our first ever John Hall reunion. 10 years ago about 15 girls entered a college dorm at Brigham Young University, nervous and excited with anticipation. "Who will my roomate be?" "Will I make new friends?" " I wonder if the girls will be nice?" None of us could have possibly guessed that we were about to meet some of the greatest friends of our lives.
I learned so much that year about different backgrounds and cultures, personalities and opinions. I definately had more fun than any 1 person should be allowed. But it wasn't until this weekend that i realized that I had also met some of the most amazing women in the world. It was very much an Alma the Younger/Sons of Mosiah reunion. Not because we had been rebellious in our youth but because of the great decisions we have all made since.
"Therefore I did rejoice exceedingly to see my sisters: and what added more to my joy, they were still my sisters in the Lord; yea, and they had waxed strong in the knowledge of the truth; for they were women of sound understanding and they had searched the scriptures diligently, that they might know the word of God." - Alma 17-with a few changes. And I would add, they are amazing wives and mothers.
We really missed the few who couldn't make it but no worries because we will definately be doing this more often. There were never 10 girls who had more fun in New York City.
left to right- Trisha(Arizona), Tiffany(Maryland), Jenny(Minnesota), Me(Utah), Mehrsa(New York), Amy(Texas), Megan(Pennsylvania), Joanna(Florida), Shauna(Colorado) and Amberli(Massachusets)


Looking at embarrasing photos of freshman year at Mehrsa's house.
Rockafeller Center
We bought a few fake bags.
Don't ask.


10 comments:
I cried. I totally cried at your comments. When I went to my first girls weekend, I felt the same way. I tell you what, we were one amazing group of ladies that stormed David John. I am still crying that I didn't get to go and that you had such a GREAT time. I can't wait to hear all about it. Isn't it amazing how blessed in the friend dept we are. You are an amazing person and make me better because you are my friend. Freak I gave birth on your birthday. Hank is going to for sure be the cool kid!!
What a great trip! Girls weekends are definitely the best and there is so much to be said for amazing friends and friendships that seem to trandescend time. You girls all look fabulous by the way!
Awesome post. You seriously brought the party Melissa. As always...
I LOVED seeing you this weekend. You are the best!
Hey girl!!! You girls are just too fun!! You and your family are adorable! :)
How fun!!! I'm so jealous! How gerat that you were able to go and have fun with old friends. I'm sure you needed that!
Could your post be more perfect??!! I don't think you could have said it any better! I had the BEST time! Miss you!
I am so glad you had such an amazing time. I loved reading about your thoughts and experiences and LOVED the pictures. You are so wonderful Melissa, I'm seriously so glad I know you. We really must get together more often. I'll call you next time I'm in Provo and vice versa... hopefully soon!
Erin
How fun. And New York? You can't beat that.
so tender! i love the scripture. and i love you! it was SOOOOOOO great to see you. thank you for all your help! you're the BEST! Can't wait to hang out again soon!
Post a Comment