
So to appease the overwhelming need of young Utah mothers to push their children into every imaginable activity at increesingly alarming ages, the "dance club" now offers a dance class for 2 1/2 year olds. You actually have to show the child's birth certificate at registration, which would indicate to me that they have had a problem with people trying to lie about their children's ages in order to start them earlier. You may have noticed in recent years, a number of Utahns appearing on "So you think you can dance", "Dancing with the Stars" and "American Idol", so obviously these people know what they are doing and apparently it is necessary for your children to begin proper training as a fetus, if they ever want to amount to anything. (My 5 year old nephew started football this last year- my 7 year old nephew played tackle football-pads and everything). I am a huge fan of extra-curricular activities, just a bit hesitant of my baby girl beginning them before she is potty trained.
That being said- it snowed today. today, April 7th-still snowing. so my kids have had waaaayyyy too long of a winter and I decided this was a good way for Micahlyn to get some good "run around time" somewhere indoors, while avoiding the diseases infesting the McDonalds' playland.
She absolutely loved it. It was much more stuctured than I imagined- Her teacher is more than stern- she was adamant about the "stay in line" and "one at a time" rules. In preparation for Juliard, Micahlyn has learned to "keep her bum against the wall" and that sometimes in life "you get what you get and you don't throw a fit".(In this case it was an Ariel sticker and she's really more of a Jasmine fan).
Anywhoo- we love dance class.
10 comments:
Micahlyn is too cute in her little costumes/uniforms/outifits (what do they call them in dance class?). I think it would be very entertaining to sit in and watch one of those classes. Little kids are SO funny.
I love that post. YOu are hilarious. Sounds like fun. Go Micahlyn--good choice on Jasmine over the little mermaid. She's adorable.
So So cute.
janay
She will so have the moves, just like Mama!! Great pics!
Hey meliss. did you go to our mish reunion? I like your blog and visit it often. your kids are so spunky, I wish I could meet them in real life fashion. I love that all your old roommates got together in NYC and then I saw that you said Tiffany is in Maryland! How fun. Too bad we're moving in a month or we could have totally hung out and had our boys be friends for life. oh well.
You must get some micahlyn dancing on video and post it. I love little dance recitals. She has the perfect hair and body for those little costumes...
thats funny because i remember being the chubby one in dance class and i didn't think it was so perfect, but i think she looks adorable.
You are a little supermom. Micahlyn looks SO cute! I love going to my girls dance recitals and love watching them dance - I wish it was ok for me to look like they do when they dance. ( A little clumsy and still cute.)
That was a GREAT post. I loved the how you described Utah Valley so perfectly. I am DYING for so you think you can dance to start...anyhow you are so funny. congrats to Michayn
In California we just let our kids join gangs.
Post a Comment