Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Dessert Night

Remember Sunday nights in Provo? Especially in the fall. Everyone has their doors open. People are flowing in and out of apartments and there is something electric in the air. I've watched this for the last year that we've been living here, with envy, remembering when I actually knew enough people here to fill an apartment(and I do mean fill). So anyway- last week I thought, "enough pouting". We had a dessert night and although the children do put a twist on the socializing, it was great. We are so glad to have Damon and Jess back in Utah too.



These are just pictures of sissa, because helloooo, look how freakin cute she is.

17 comments:

The Harpers said...

We're jealous. We would love to come to dessert night. And, I must agree that Micahlyn is soooo cute!!

The Thomas Family said...

Ah, memories, memories... yes, those dessert nights were PACKED to the brim. I was forced into touching Jim Morrison's butt!

Annie said...

I miss you!

The good old days and whatever--Sarah was not "forced" into anything. :)

Annie said...

oh, did I mention that Michalyn is adorable??? :)

Angelique said...

I'm glad you are so great at getting people together! I've loved getting to know you and your family.

familia Bybaran said...

I would also love to come over for some of that and see some of your awesome graduation video. You know, the part when you go to get your diploma and then "walk" down the stairs. Kids or no kids, you know how to throw a party. I totally miss Sunday nights in Provo. Every Sunday after the spiritual high of church, you just sort of hope that you will meet your EC at like dessert night or ward prayer or something.

Your comment on that last post cracked me up. I would have loved a video too.

Anonymous said...

I love dessert night and college in the fall! Are we really not in college anymore?!

Likely said...

you are not kidding about filling an apartment.

You needed some Mariah marshmallow brownie and sherry cake eh?

Shauna Brown said...

Oh the memories! Great call Tiff on Miss Mariah's Sherry Cake. I so remember the brown bag sitting in the kitchen. SO naughty!

A Wrinkle in Time said...

I have to admit there have not really been many reasons for me to be jealous that you were living back in P-town again...but you just gave me a huge one!! I guess I could throw one up here...but its just not the same when its not in Millrace Plus, I forgot how to make my bundt cakes...what good am I?

The Gainors said...

i actually made your evil chocolate, chocolate, peanut butter bundt cake and it was a huge hit.

Kris & Amy said...

How fun! You know BH?? I met Brian when I lived in DC. haha! Small world.

Trisha said...

Fun times! I always remember the crepe breakfasts. YUM!!!

Angelique said...

I just noticed Micahlyn's shirt...love it.

Samantha said...

Oh man- that makes me miss college and dorms and roommates and dessert parties. And I LOVE your little girl's shirt. Adorable.

duke of earl said...

yeah stoked to make the blog...i was wearing LONG SHORTS for anyone that was wondering, they just creeped up in the picture to make me look like i am a freakin marathon runner, that just happens to have a hoodie on with those short shorts...

Dan and Janay said...

Yeah, people who get 17 comments on their blog posts totally don't have enough friends.

Dan