Thursday, February 26, 2009

The joys of life

4 days after a c-section, i'm still not really up to being creative or whitty so you'll excuse the short post and the spelling errors please. it's the darvocet.

Saturday, the 21st of February at 5:52 pm our angel of baby boy was born. He was a little early but thankfully that was due to problems with my body not his. he is perfect. tiny (for us) 7 lb. 8 oz. and only 18 1/2 in. but so healthy and happy. we feel truly blessed. After having gone through what we did with Isaac, i take nothing for granted but certainly not a complicaiton free delivery and perfectly healthy baby. Hudson brought with him a strong spirit of happiness and love that i know comes directly from my Heavenly Father. I cherish every moment that i get to hold him and gaze into his surpisingly focused little baby blues and feel how close he has been to the Lord. I know that i have so much to do to be worthy of him and to prepare him for what lies ahead. I love this little boy.

Hudson Russell Gainor







tiny but he still got his daddy's toes and fingers.


22 comments:

Samantha said...

Oh my. I always forget how small new babies come. He's adorable. I'm glad all went well and CONGRATULATIONS!

Rachel Murdock said...

Congratulations Melissa. Hope you're doing ok and are recovering. Your little boy is so cute....just makes me all the more excited to welcome our next baby soon. Take care! Rei Chan

Trisha said...

CONGRATS!! I love the picture of Jonathan and all the kids. He looks so happy. I also love the picture of Micahlyn holding that cute baby. She looks so precious holding him so softly. I hope you're feeling well. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulatons Mel! He's a cutie, nice work!

Megan and Eric Barnhurst said...

Congrats, Melissa! I got the text and was surprised because I thought you had a ways to go yet. I am so glad he is healthy, he is way bigger than my babies full term! He is adorable - it makes me want a newborn again!

Emily said...

Congratulations on your sweet baby boy. He is so precious! I hope you are recovering and adjusting to life with 3 little ones!

Brecken said...

congrats!!! I feel for you. I had a c-section as well. They are no fun. What a cute little baby. enjoy!

Angelique said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad everything went so well. He's one handsome little guy.

And we're sad you're aren't coming back for awhile (if at all) but glad that things are going so well for your family.

Amberli said...

oh melissa - he is so so darling! i love his precious little downy hair and tiny toes. congratulations. i am so very happy for you!

The Oakeys said...

Congratulations guys! I'm glad to hear that it all went ok and that Hudson is healthy. I miss you guys. I hope everything is going well.

Chelsea said...

Congrats again Melissa and Jonathan! I'm so glad he's healthy and everything turned out well. He's beautiful. Cute name too. I'll email you for more details...

Ben and Natalies Family Zoo said...

What a beautiful baby boy...and hot momma! Congrats you guys--we're so happy for you!

The Harpers said...

Congratulations!! He looks so precious. What an adorable family!

The Hawkins said...

He is so cute! Can't wait to see him.

Jessica said...

Oh he is precious. I can't wait to meet little Hudson. We were just looking at the pictures and Brynlee said " I miss my friend". I hope all is well.

Erin said...

Hey beautiful mama. So wonderful to get the update. I've been thinking about you guys for a long time, wondering where you were at these days. Looks like life is happy and eventful, as always. Hudson is incredible. What a gorgeous little baby. I love how you mentioned what a spiritual experience having a new baby is... I bawled every day just looking at Jonah because I felt so close to Heavenly Father through him. Please stay in touch! Miss you all.

Jon and Nicole Palmer said...

OHHH! Congratulations you two! He is so sweet,and I love the name Hudson Russell. So glad that everything went well. We miss hanging out with you guys. I wish we could come over and give that baby a squeeze. Enjoy your new liitle peace of heaven.
Okay, and P.S. how do you look so good in the hospital??? I look like h*** warmed over in those photos. Not fair.

familia Bybaran said...

Oh those toes are adorable! I am so happy for you guys. Congratulations. I can't wait to meet him. I LOVE the name and am so glad everything went well.

lacey said...

Congratulations- I love his name!

You all look so happy- as you should be. He's darling.

A Wrinkle in Time said...

yeah!! I loved reading about your new little boy!! I miss you guys and am thinking aboutcha!! love ya

Allison said...

Congratulations! Hope you are recovering well. I love the name, too. So adorable.

Jessica said...

Oh he is beautiful. I want to meet him. Are you sure you don't want ten more?