Friday, August 7, 2009

Girls' Weekend

I keep telling myself that I don't want to do this post until I get some good pictures from Chelsea or I have time to write something really profound. Both will probably not happen anytime soon so I am settling. Many were missed at our little freshman year reunion but I am so glad that we keep having them since it will never be convenient for everyone. We went to Santa Monica this year and did absolutely nothing, which was a far cry from last year's Manhattan trip. I spent 2 days just laying on the beach, with no children, no responsibilities and had the time of my life. I realized why mothers always have such white legs. When do you ever put your feet up? Even if you are outside your chasing someone or holding someone and usually need to stay on your toes. It was amazing and I soooo appreciate my husband for taking the kids for weekend. Also my friend Barbara for worrying about my husband and checking in on them. ( or maybe she was worried about the kids, i'm not sure.)
So it was Allison(Phoenix), Shauna(Denver), Brecken (Denver), Megan (Grand Junction, CO.), Chelsea (Portland), Melissa-formerly Dalton (Orange County), Mehrsa ( Manhattan) and me (Valencia) so mostly the west coasters. I love these girls. I admire and respect them so much and I love having such great role models of fabulous wives, mothers and women in general. Thanks guys. For those who couldn't make it, we missed and talked about you the whole time(: next year- Coloradoooooo where Megan and Shauna will be co-hosting.
Out to lunch

Chelsea's first in-n-out burger-life changing, i'm sure

Chelsea brought her baby Oliver(4 months) and he makes Hudson look like a shrimp

We needed a good shot of shauna

The Santa Monica Pier

My fat friends

12 comments:

Likely said...

AAAAAHHH!!!! I am so jealous! How much fun. Everyone looks so great. I really need a mindless relaxing weekend. I am so sad I missed out.

Stinkin' Girl's camp.

I am soo in for next year unless I am like in labor or something...I have always wanted to go to Colorado.

I can't wait to see more pictures on other blogs.

Megan and Eric Barnhurst said...

I stole all Chelsea's pics from her blog for mine! I like the one's you have, though - good job! Thanks again for creating such a fun weekend for us, you are a great friend! Until next year...XOXO

Trisha said...

Is there a date for next year? Just curious...I'm already looking forward to it. Looks like a TON of fun! I missed you and the girls so much and thought of you all weekend long. Glad you had a great time!

Amberli said...

oh so sad, so sad! i hated that i was on the west coast and COULDN'T come! it was real torture for me. not only do i need a good dosage of you ladies but i'm so desperate for a weekend on the california beach! as far as i'm concerned your insight to mom's white legs is the most profound accurate insight i've heard in a long time! i'm glad you ladies had so much fun. i'm planning on colorado next year for sure!

Brecken said...

I was so glad I got to come to at least part of the trip this year. It was so fun to catch up a little with everyone. Thanks so much for planning it! You are the best. I'm excited it's in Colorado next year. That will be easy to make!

Chelsea said...

Yes, the burger was life-changing for sure! That picture of the boys is hilarious. Is Oliver's head like twice as wide as Hudson's???

Shauna Brown said...

Ummmm, thanks for those 2 fabulous pics of me- ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? Nice booty shot and thanks for letting me stand in my bathing suit next to Megan- ugh! I love you and I loved the weekend we had together. Such a blast. Get ready to be outdoorsy in CO. Get your booty to CO!

duke of earl said...

good stuff. the doctor told us our child has a big head. update: our child's head is puny.

familia Bybaran said...

I can't believe you put a picture of me in a bathing suit on your blog. Next to Megan and Shauna!! Ouch!

Thanks so much for hosting! It was so great to see you and catch up. I'm excited for next year.

Trisha said...

Shauna and Mehrsa...I can't believe that you are actually whining about standing next to Megan in a swimsuit. REALLY?!?! I would KILL for your hot bodies! How about I stand next to you next time. That's a scary thought...

Katie said...

I love that you guys do this. I remember I loved the Manhattan post too. I'm so glad she had an in and out burger cause how could she really go on living - i mean really. miss you.

Erin said...

Looked like an amazing weekend... sad that I missed out. I'm so glad to have so many happy memories of wonderful trips with you (Santa Monica, included) and it makes me glad to see that creating memories with dear friends is still a priority in your full life. You seem to have the balance thing down and I admire that a lot. Kudos to Jonathan too for taking the kiddies- what a guy! :)

Be in touch, I miss you.