Sunday, September 26, 2010

oh my.

It has been sooooo long. hello friends. I was going to say that I can't believe that summer is over and here it is almost October. Oops. We had a truly wonderful summer. Lots of little trips and 1 big drive up the west coast to Victoria. Jonathan started his MBA at Pepperdine in August(he has class in the evenings) and my baby girl started kindergarten. i can't believe she is in school.

On a purely informational note, i commented recently on FB about how great everyone has been with helping out and all of my far away friends started writing me asking what was wrong. i thought this was a more appropriate venue to explain. my health has not been great as of late- anemia/thyroid stuff and i had to have a couple of surgeries last week. i am recovering well and my ward here is incredible. my mom came for the first couple of days, but the ladies in my ward have been amazing. somebody takes M to and from school and I to and from pre-school and they've helped with Hudson and meals every night. It's been really overwhelming. I've never experienced anything like it. I'm much more comfortable ( as most of us are) with being on the giving end of the whole service thing, but the women here make it so easy. i know that moving here was so in the plan and have been so blessed.

anyway- i'm pretty tired but wanted to get something on here and explain why i have been such a horrible friend. kind of anyway. i love you all and will get around to phone calls and emails as my strength returns.

just some random pics of the kids.




8 comments:

Samantha said...

Oh man Melissa. I hope your recovery goes well and that you can feel better. I'm so glad you have so many kind people around you taking care of you.

Britt said...

awww so glad you have such a great support system! that can make all the difference!

Chelsea said...

A serious health problem is the only excuse I'll accept for your lack of blogging, lol! Just kidding, Melissa that's terrible! I'm so sorry that you have had to go through all this, what a nightmare. But so great that you've had support and help. Love the pictures of your kids, I can't believe how old Micahlyn looks! Adorable.

Angelique said...

Oh I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well but so glad you have such wonderful people around you to help out. I hope it's a quick recovery.

Justin had SO much fun seeing you guys last month, wish I could have been there, too.

Trisha said...

First - I'm SO sorry to hear about your surgeries. I wish I was closer, but I'm so glad to hear that you have gotten so much help from your ward. You deserve some service because I know you have done a fair share for others in the past! Second - holy gorgeous Michalyn! She's a doll.

KickButtMommy said...

The chip in the mouth. HILARIOUS! Love ya.

Katie said...

yikes! i'm sorry to hear about that. that dang thyroid. man. well, it's nice to hear from you. especially since a couple days ago at lunch i graced my children with my most nasal and britneyest rendition of "melissa hawkins how was i supposed to know..." and they just stared. (wide eyed in amazement i'm sure) it was pretty funny. i send you all my well wishes and good thoughts. i throw them to you via the world wide web. hope you like em. love you lots meliss!

Erin said...

I feel like a horrible friend- I didn't realize what you'd been going through lately. I'm so glad that you're in a place where you've got so much support- what a blessing. It sounds like you've got some amazing women out there which makes all the difference, especially during hard times. I hope you start feeling better soon- not feeling good with 3 little kids, that's hard.

Thinking of you my old friend.

xo

Erin