Friday, October 26, 2007

BOYS WILL BE

So, you know how whenever guys watch sports on TV, they always think they could do better than the collegiate or professional athletes they are yelling at? Usually they will tell you as much. Well, this year BYU has struggled trying to find an athlete that can kick a football more than 30 yards and Jonathan and my brothers, while fighting their inclinations to have a sit down with coach Mendenhall, have mentioned, on occasion, that they could each do better. Now take into account that while my husband and brothers are all excellent athletes, none of them played football beyond the 6th grade(flag) and Jonathan being from Canada never even played that. None of them had ever attempted to kick a field goal before, but bless their little hearts, were completely confident that they could. I told them that Tiffany can kick a football 60 yards and that was all the motivation they needed. So on a rainy Saturday afternoon, after hours of armchair quarterbacking, they grabbed a ball and headed to the BYU practice facility. Unfortunately, after arriving they were informed that the multi million dollar monstrosity we all helped to fund raise for is strictly reserved for the guys who are actually on the BYU Football team. So off to Provo High and it is here that we pick up with our aspiring kickers.

1 comment:

Likely said...

HA HA HA HA!!!!!!

Thanks for the props... hilarious. I don't know about 60 yards with a football.... probably though:) I want to go try now.

(stupid cheating Juniors... I am still bitter.)

So funny that you got video and you made them back up their "talk". I totally know what you mean about guys and their armchair quarterbacking.

Travy or Tyler should kick for the Y. Your Jonathon didn't do so bad either....