Saturday, November 10, 2007

my crazy kids this week

Isaac in his favorite beanie(BornToLoveClothing.com)



Sissa getting crazy with the finger paints.





Micahlyn playing in the leaves






Isaac playing with his cousins Payton and Carter.



What a week. Well, it's officially winter in Utah. The last of the leaves out front found their way to the ground, which the kids love, but is kind of depressing to look at. Jonathan has been so busy with school and work and his new calling(ward clerk-those of you who know him know how funny that is), so the kids and I have been trying to stay busy with trips to the park, playing with cousins and some home improvement projects. We are staying in Utah for Thanksgiving and trying to finalize Christmas plans with both families. How old are your kids when you start doing Christmas alone? I just assume that every year we will either go to California or Canada(or Chile or Mexico). Jonathan thinks I put too much emphasis on holidays and he's probably right, but I just love them. I can't wait to decorate, bake and wrap all the presents. I realize it's not the important part- it's just the icing. I love icing.


6 comments:

Likely said...

I am finally catching up on blogs. BOTH boys are asleep and I am doing a jig.

Love that you are blogging mel. I have to say that I have asked the same question as far as when do you start doing christmas with just your own little family?

David is the ward clerk too. That last guy in our ward that was the clerk was about 6'6" . Do they just like the tall handsome type? By the way, why is it funny for Jonathon to have that calling?

Your kids are DARLING! Love the leaves picture. So fun that they can have so many cousins to play with. I wish that for my little ones....

Likely said...

And DYING over that finger painting picture.

MaryClaire Brown said...

hey there...it's maryclaire. i was so excited to see your blog listed on sarah's. it's great to catch up on old friends. crazy that you're back in provo. it sounds like you're liking it. it's always nice to be close to lots of family, especially when your a s.a.h.m. you can check my blog out at www.maryclairebrown.blogspot.com.

Katie said...

Hey - Joey is ward clerk too... AND Tiffany's husband? That's funny. I love how cute your kiddies are. Good job on those kids anyway.

The Thomas Family said...

I know! I remember how you love holidays and go all out, it is the best.
YES, let's please get together soon especially now that the weather is cold and we can't go outside too much!

Where is Jonathan from??

familia Bybaran said...

We have never done Christmas alone. Why? I love that we have family close. I love getting together with lots of people for Christmas. We usually end up going west for Jared's family because we see mine too often. We will probably get a tree and decorate, but Christmas is about cousins for Cyra. I grew up without any and I felt sad about it so I want Cyra to have tons of family around.

I love these pictures. We should talk about how to handle two kids. It seems like you get out with yours a lot more than I do. I love the pictures. You are a blogging pro now. So many posts. Love it.