You know how there are tons of groundhog days as a mom? Days that just drag on and it seems as though you accomplish nothing? Days where you have no play dates or exciting trips to Costco planned, where it's snowing(in April) but you're children have already outgrown all of their warm clothing and you refuse to buy them clothing that fits for a season that by all stretches of a sane imagination should have passed long ago, so you can't take them outside? Maybe it's just me. Well, we have plenty of those days, but this week we also had a few of those-"this is why we do this" moments. Definitely worth sharing.
Isaac mastered the stairs this week. Up and Down. Yeah! No more gates, no more "What was that thump thump thump noise? I pray it wasn't my child." moments of anxiety. Hopefully.
The second is a larger milestone. 12 1/2 months and this little boy is finally walking. I mean really walking. We've been so concerned because he's been taking steps for 4 months but he never took off. He would never take more than 4 steps before he would just sit down. Like he was too tired to continue. He's already been given the nickname of lazy bones. Anyway- I guess he just wasn't feelin' it. Thank you everyone for your prayers and words of encouragement for our little bubba.
5 comments:
Oh those groundhog days, yes... and I am having them extremely often these days. I look forward to watching Jeopordy at 4:00 for crying out loud. It is snowing here too and I can't wait for it to get warm.
Congrats on the stairs and walking-such a great milestones. Benson didn't walk until 17 months!
I haven't checked your blog in a while... that trip to NYC must have been so great. You all are so hilarious together!
Yay! That is so exciting. He's really good at it. I hope you get your nice weather soon.
good job Isaac!! what a cutie. i love your kids so much. yeah - groundhog days... that really is what it feels like sometimes. nice that isaac made this week so memorable.
Hooray for Bubba Gainor!!! NBA...here we come. Glad to hear that you guys are doing well. Jon
That is no small accomplishment- considering everything Isaac has overcome I'd say that's amazing, a miracle even. We love your family! Be in touch-
Erin
Post a Comment