Saturday, May 10, 2008

The Past Few Weeks

I know, I know, I'm so behind. We've just been having so much fun. Here's a recap.


Here is Isaac loving Sissa's sombrero and horsey. I love that he is loving her things so much. Hopefully he will stay content with hand-me-downs for a long time.

Here's Jonathan and I at the Lakers Jazz game. Jazz fans are so incredibly obnoxious.
We went with Jon and Nicole Palmer. Such a great couple. Jonathan and Jon played basketball together at Ricks and he is one of very few people Jonathan actually keeps in touch with so you know he's cool. But the best part is that his wife is equally as wonderful. We have such a great time with them and try to get them to come down from Logan as often as possible. (Even if they are Jazz fans).
We went to the animal museum on campus with Laura(sister-in-law) and the cousins today. This is the building in between the Marriott center and where DT used to be(they tore them out), that I parked by in college probably a thousand times and never had any idea what it was. Pretty cool. Kind of creepy, but cool. In this picture I had just told the kids that grandpa is in Canada bow-hunting bear just like this. I know they can't understand me but Micahlyn gasped and couldn't can't take her eyes off of it, while Isaac screamed, as if on cue.
The kids in the museum's children's room. Micahlyn eating a shark.
This is my favorite part of the day. If, perchance Jonathan actually comes home before the kids are asleep, this is the happy scene. He's making the face he makes at them when he comes running down to the basement and jumps out from behind the stairs. They sure love their daddy.

Park time. I think every child has a picture like this. I know I did.
Micahlyn's first attempt at smokey eyes turned out a bit goth. It doesn't matter where I hide my make-up, somehow she finds it. I think she's stashed some of it somewhere.

11 comments:

Chelsea said...

You look great in those pictures of the Lakers game. I love the scene at the museum. And the makeup is the best! Very nicely done.

Dan and Janay said...

I'm diggin' the goth look. If it makes you feel any better Melissa, I lived at DT for a year and never once entered the museum.

Emily said...

Sounds like you've been busy. Looks like you've been having lots of fun too! Your kids are just adorable and you look amazing!

Anonymous said...

Melissa -- the pictures are great, your kids look so happy!

dynamike said...

So fun to read the latest. You guys are great and we love your family.

familia Bybaran said...

Umm. I think you have a picture with that pole from freshman year! Classic. Maybe you should post that one, except for please black me out of it because I think I was on the pole too. Micahlyn is adorable. Is Jonathan a Lakers fan too? Match made in heaven.

Also, I am coming to UT at the end of June for Jared's brothers wedding. I would love to see you and meet Isaac. I will email you with details.

Angelique said...

You are always doing something fun...we love chillin' with you guys.

The Gainors said...

whatever "Aruba".

Unknown said...

Ibe tmy first attempt at smokey eyes with look goth too. How come your two-yr old has better fashino sense than me?

Anonymous said...

Hey Mel, I found your blog through Mariah. (I finally started blogging.) Don't think I ever knew your last name! I'm going to put your link on my site, hope that's ok!

Likely said...

I actually had a picture like the last one instead of the pole hugging one. I totally got into my mom's makeup all the time. Funny now that I think about it because I am not a big makeup girl...

Fun times for the gainors...