Monday, July 21, 2008

Golfing with the fam





Jonathan loves golfing. I mean he really loves it. Sadly his current schedule doesn't allow him to play much but there is a course right by his work so the other day the kids and i surprised him and were waiting, clubs loaded in the cart, shoes on the floor, glove on the seat, at the first tee box when he got off work at 6pm so we could get in 9 holes before dark. I'm sure this is not his ideal round of golf; constantly hushing the kids by the tee boxes, chasing them while they chase the ducks, dodging their swings with their miniture clubs and Isaac's habit of throwing anything he can get his hands on out of the cart while it's moving. But he is so patient with them and the kids love being outside and adore being with their dad. Isaac already gets frustrated with his swing. Jonathan gave him a few pointers- i'm sure they won't be the last.

7 comments:

The Harpers said...

What a good daddy! Scott and I have taken up golf this summer, though it will be a couple of years (at least) before we will be anywhere close to Jonathan's level.

Trisha said...

I LOVe the picture of Isaac with Jonathan in the background golfing...maybe you'll be lucky and your son will be just like your husband. That's what I'm hoping for!

Britt said...

so cute! and what a fun surprise!

Amberli said...

as always you are such a fun wife/mother! i wish i had had the sense to snag you before jonathan got you all to himself for eternity!

Likely said...

okay, you are the cutest wife ever.

Chelsea said...

Well that's fantastic. I think that's the way golf should be for all dads. If it's not a family sport, give it up!

(And by the way, I got the t-shirt. It's fabulous and you did not have to get me a new one!)

Jessica said...

Oh my... Your kids are growing so fast. I can't believe it. We will be up there in two weeks. Can't wait to see you.