If anyone is looking for a cooler climate these days- head to the pacific northwest. Holy Cow. It was in the 60's and 70's(that's Fahrenheit) (: the whole time. We had a great time though. We spent the first night in Seattle with Jonathan's sister Caroline and her family. Micahlyn had a ball picking flowers in the yard with Caroline. The next day we took the ferry out to the island and got to see some killer whales along the way. We spent some time downtown Victoria hunting down the best fish and chips, and we also got to go deep sea fishing- a first for me. The highlight though was just hanging out at "Mum and Dad's" house, eating Jonathan's mother's cooking and picking vegetables from the garden. Micahlyn wouldn't let Rhiannon out of her sight and I'm sure the family is all recouping now that we are gone.
The kids loving the sea otters.
dan, janay and miss kenzie
Can you believe he grew up in such a gorgeous place?
This is Jonathan literally running to catch the ferry back after being held up for an hour and a half by immigration. Don't ever marry a foreigner.
8 comments:
He is so lucky that he grew up there and you are so lucky to have an excuse to go visit each year! It is beyond beautiful and looks like you had a great time.
I'd love to see you one more time before we all leave- I'm heading out the middle of Aug so we'll be in touch.
I love these pictures and I will forgive you for putting a frowny face next to the comment about the NW weather.
Thanks for a great trip! Dan has been taking my computer to work, so I haven't been able to blog, but we'll get on that!
Janay
I know Dan Hunt.. don't I? Was he in our ward???
negative. this is jonathan's best friend from the mish.
This looks like so much fun. That place is beautiful. I love the pictures with the flowers and Johnathan catching the ferry. You are hilarious.
I almost married a foreigner--fortunately he naturalized one month before we got married. It was one of my
conditions."
I always forget that Jonathan is Canadian--he seems so normal :):)
Post a Comment